In case you don't already follow the Instagram or Facebook outlets, here's a list of some updates to the SR250 build that have happened over the past month or so.
The hardware came back from the plater and allowed me to get the engine back together. There are only 9k miles on her so all the internals still look fresh. She got all new gaskets and seals with a few other odds and ends. Externally, the cylinder and head were blasted and the cases were all brushed.
New mounting points were fabbed up for the Honda CD175 tank, and I hand made rubber bushings for them out of some door stoppers from Home Depot. The durometer happens to be very similar to stock bushings.
After that I threw everything together for a quick visual of how things were lining up. I finished the seat pan, mocked up the padding , and it's now at the upholsterer. It's scheduled to come back by the end of the week.
Above, I took a grinder to the CD tank's side covers so that the custom knee pads I'm making can mount up.
Mounted the Bridgestone Spitfire tires to the newly painted wheels. The front got a 120 while the rear got a 150. They're fat without the "ph."
With the tires now mounted I was able to again rough everything together so i could check clearances for the battery box I'll need to make. Under the swingarm is looking like a nicely concealed spot. I'll start hashing out the new wiring soon as well.
That's all for now. After the battery box is made up the frame should be ready to go out for powder. I'm eager to see how the seat comes out. More soon...