Last weekend was spent cracking open the motor and assessing wear. With only 10k miles on the clock, everything was still looking pretty fresh, besides a couple of leaky gaskets. Cylinder walls were clean of any scoring and still had visible honing marks. With everything looking good enough to keep, we moved on to aesthetics. First in line would be the casings. The theme of this build will be mainly honest materials and finishes, so instead of paint or plating, we decided to go with a brushed finish.
|Looking pretty fresh after 10k.|
|The first pass was done with a wire brush and drill. There was quite a bit of corrosion to get through.|
|Old and busted. New hotness.|
|Kara getting her hands dirty.|